Blackpool SEND Newsletter
Click on the link below to access the local SEND offer from Blackpool.
A note from Blackpool SEND Team at Blackpool Council:
Dear parents, carers and family members,
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Team at Blackpool Council would like to hear your ideas and opinions about how we can improve our support to you. The Council pays for activities and clubs in Blackpool that can help you and your child have a break, try new things and meet new people.
The list below includes some of the services you may have used in the past year:
- ALS - Waterloo Road, Highfurlong after school/holiday club
- Play Inclusion Project (PIP) – Waterloo and Highfurlong after school and holiday club for more complex needs
- Aiming Higher (Church Street) – Various activities and weekend day trips (Cinema, bowling etc)
- SNAP – Holiday club at Aiming Higher on Church Street for children with more complex needs
- Hornby Road Respite – Overnight care
- Routes Healthcare – 1 to 1 support at home or in the community
- Real Care Support - 1 to 1 support at home or in the community
- Autism Initiatives - 1 to 1 support at home or in the community
- Cherish - 1 to 1 support at home or in the community
In the next couple of weeks we will be sending out an online questionnaire by email. The questionnaire will ask you to tell us about the activities and clubs your child has used over the past year and will give you the chance to tell us what you think would help you and your family in the future.
We are also hoping to have virtual chats (either video calls or just over the phone) with those of you who would like to share your experiences and ideas in more detail. This can be part of a group (a few parents together) or you can do this separately if you prefer. If you would be interested in finding out more about this, or would like to ask any questions about this email please get in touch.
Please direct any questions or comments to Jenny Ingle at email@example.com
Blackpool SEND Newsletters: